Homemade cookies are simple sources of happiness, but many people cannot bake cookies at home for various reasons. Luckily, no bake cookies exist, and they are equally delicious. Using simple ingredients and shorter instructions, these cookies satisfy your craving without the need for an oven.
If they sound boring, try adding chocolate to the ingredients. Chocolate no bake cookies will delight all sweet treat lovers, and they make perfect vegetarian desserts. They are also great as a cooking project with kids.
No Bake Cookies Preparations
Making no bake cookies do not require an oven, but you may still need heat from oven or microwave. However, the ingredients don’t require something that needs high heat. Therefore, many recipes use ingredients like oatmeal, store-bought treats, or peanut butter.
Some recipes have allergy-free ingredients, perfect for vegans and people with diet restrictions. Making chocolate cookies without oven only need simple tools, such as bowls (including the microwave-safe ones), mixer, and airtight storage jars.
Here are several cookie recipes to try at home.
Chocolate Flaked Cereal Cookies
This cereal-based recipe uses flaked cereal, caramel, and chocolate. You can use any flaked cereal brands you like, including the whole wheat types.
- Mix 1 ½ cup of corn syrup and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Put on the stove with medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, and the syrup is slightly bubbling.
- Add 1 ½ cup of creamy peanut butter. Stir on medium heat until everything mixed.
- Crush 6 cups of flaked cereal and add it to the mixture.
- Add 1/3 peanut butter and a pack (12 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips to a saucepan. Melt and stir on low heat.
- Grease a baking tray. Press the cereal mixture on it to form a layer. Add chocolate and peanut butter mixture on top to form a chocolate bar.
The results are no bake cookies in the form of homemade bars. They are crunchy and chewy at the same time.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Pops
Chocolate cookie dough pops provide fun sweet treats for all ages.
- Use mixer on 1 stick softened butter and ¾ cup of brown sugar. Beat them for 4 minutes until fluffy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture. While mixing, add 1 ¼ cup of sifted flour. Pour ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips at the end.
- Wrap the cookie dough in the plastic. Put it in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Form the no bake cookies into small balls (1 inch in diameter). Add lollipop straws.
- Dip each ball into melted chocolate.
You can experiment with various decorations. Use the sticky chocolate layer to stick crushed peanuts, sprinkles and chocolate rice on the balls.
Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Cookies
Oatmeal, chocolate, and peanut butter are favorite ingredients for homemade cookies.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 ¾ cup of sugar in a saucepan.
- Place pan on medium heat. Pour ½ cup of milk and add 8 tablespoons of butter. Stir until melted.
- Let the mixture boil before removing it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, ½ cup of peanut butter, 3 cups of instant oats, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Stir until mixed.
You can immediately spoon these no bake cookies onto a parchment layer (on a baking tray). Wait for 10 to 15 minutes before consumption.
Vegan Chocolate No Bake Cookies
Vegan chocolate cookies use plant-based ingredients, perfect for people with food restrictions who still want to enjoy chocolate treats.
- Keep a tray with baking parchment on it inside a fridge.
- Mix 2 cups of oats with 1 cup fresh dates, ¼ cup of ground almonds, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and ¼ cup of soymilk powder.
- Melt 1 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips on the medium Once you finish, remove the pan from stove and add 1 tablespoon of maple/sugar syrup.
- Mix the oat and chocolate concoctions into a big bowl. Stir before forming small no bake cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on a chilled tray. Chill them for 30 to 60 minutes in the fridge before serving.
These no bake cookies have no possible allergens (unless you are also allergic to chocolate). However, the removal of dairy, eggs, and flour reduce health risks.
No Bake Cookies Storing Tips
No bake cookies are essentially fudge, and the ingredients are mostly easy to melt (or just “messy”). This means they are hard to store in a long time, unlike real cookies. Since the recipe is simple, you should make these cookies with the goal of finishing them quickly.
Some no bake treats have crunchy textures, while others are chewy and soft. However, to prolong the storage time, you should place the cookies in the fridge, to avoid melting.
No bake cookies are easy alternatives for quick snacks without an oven. You can use chocolate in all your recipes, even in the one that includes vegan ingredients. Enjoy no bake cookies anytime you want without turning up the oven.