Baking cookies in the weekends is such fun activity to do with your kids. You can get your kids to prepare and mix the ingredients, make the dough, bake, and taste the cookies. Before baking, it’s important to choose simple recipes that your kids can follow easily. Here are 5 simple and tasty cookie recipes you can make with your kids.
1. Pistachio Pudding Cookies
Have you tried making pistachio pudding cookies? You can make these cookies with your kids.
- 1 package of instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup of softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pistachios
This easy cookie recipe for kids is really a piece of cake!
- Heat the oven to 170°C (375°F)
- Blend the butter and the pudding mix using an electric blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Have the flour beaten and folded in the
- Grease a baking tray, take a small round of the dough and put the small portions of cookie dough on the tray.
- Use your hand to flatten the dough and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven once they are done.
2. Cookie Monster Oreos
Baking this cookie must be fun for kids because they will make cookie monster shapes.
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Blue food coloring
- Blue sanding sugar
- 12 Oreos
- 24 candy eyes
- Mini chocolate chip cookies
Try following the steps for baking this yummy cookie recipe.
- Put a parchment paper and line it on a baking sheet.
- Mix coconut oil, white chocolate chips, and 4 drops of blue food coloring in a medium bowl.
- Turn on 50% power of microwave until the chocolate melts. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add Oreo cookie to the mixture until it is fully coated and put the cookies in the baking sheet.
- Add sanding sugar and put two candy eyes on the top of the cookies.
- Set the chocolate mixture to complete the shape.
3. Teddy Bear Cookies
it’s one of the simplest and tastiest cookie recipes you can bake with your kids.
- Oatmeal cookie mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- Mini chocolate chips
- Brown M&M’s
Here are the steps to bake these Teddy Bear cookies.
- Turn on the oven to 191° C (375°F).
- Put in line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare oatmeal cookie dough in a large bowl.
- Shape the dough into a few balls for the bear head. Have the bear heads flattened with a glass. Shape the smaller balls for snouts and ears.
- Put two balls on the top of the bear head for the ears.
- Roll the balls for snouts in sugar.
- Put the snout in the bottom center of the bear head. Flatten the smaller balls.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden for about 10 minutes.
- Put M&M on the snout to create a nose and use two chips for the eyes.
4. Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
Give cranberry pistachio shortbread a go. Your kids will love baking it.
- 3 cups of wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup of toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of softened butter
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Here are the procedures.
- Mix sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup using an electric beater. Mix until creamy.
- Blend the flour and salt. Put the flour mixture to the buttercream to a cup and mix.
- Stir in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Make two portions of the dough and shape it into a 10-inch log.
- Cover the logs in parchment paper and keep them in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours.
- Cut the logs into a few round slices and put them on the parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes and cool them before moving them in to a cookie jar.
5. Oaty Energy Cookies
Another easy and simple cookie recipe to make with your kids is oaty energy cookies. Here are the steps.
- 50 grams of soft butter
- 50 grams of light brown sugar
- 50 grams of rolled oats
- 50 grams of dried apricot
- 85 grams of self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- Heat oven to 150°C (302°F). Put and line the parchment paper on the baking tray.
- Cut the apricots into small pieces.
- Add sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and mix them well with a wooden spoon.
- Use soft butter so your kids can beat the sugar and butter together.
- Pour the condensed milk, oats, and apricots and beat them well.
- Add the flour until it blends well.
- Make one big dough and break it into 6 equal-sized lumps.
- Roll each lump into a ball and squash it with your hand on the baking parchment.
- Bake the dough for 30 minutes or until golden. Let to cool and put the cookies in an airtight container.
Weekends will be more fun for your kids if you involve them in baking these 5 simple and tasty cookie recipes. Besides, it’ll be good for parent-child bonding, too!