Is it cake? Is it a brownie? All I know its freakin’ delicious. Its a super chocolately, not overly sweet, moist as hell cake-brownie bar and its to die for. Did I mention its super chocolately? That’s the key here peeps. If you are craving chocolate then I’ve got you covered.
This cake contains less sugar than most recipes and yet my husband, who normally tends to like things super sweet gave this cake a double thumbs up. Win win!
Its one of the first few times I’ve worked with Einkorn flour and I’m in love with it. Its a little tricky at first. I went thru a couple of batches to nail these down but totally worth it. I went to the store and picked up another bag. Its gonna be Einkorn all around for the next few weeks.
Whats so special about Einkorn? It has about 40% more protein than regular wheat. Bonus. And its packed with more vitamins and minerals than traditional wheat as well. Its higher in EFAs, potassium, phosphorus and B6. Plus its a bit easier to digest so you won’t get so gassy after eating. Those around you will rejoice.
I dollup’d on a little bit of coconut whip cream for good measure and a dusting of dark cocoa powder. (Fancy fancy) Honestly though, you could just nosh on this cake as is and its delicious.
Its moist and awesome. Its a treat that feels way more decadent than it is. And life is all about balance, right? When Im craving chocolate I need me some chocolate. So go ahead and give Einkorn a try. Its very easy to work with once you get the hang of it. Just be patient and enjoy the taste of sweet victory.
- ½ c. coconut oil
- ¼ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 flax eggs
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. coconut sugar
- 1½ c. Einkorn flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×9 glass baking dish with parchment, or spray liberally with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder, einkorn flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Next, in a small bowl, make the flax eggs. Let sit a minute or two then add the coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla and sugar.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir briefly until combined.
- Next slowly add in the water. Mix until combined.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes. (or until toothpick comes out clean)